3 Ways To Know About Your Bike Insurance Policy’s Validity
The importance of purchasing a bike insurance policy for your motorcycle and the necessity of timely renewal cannot be overstated. You may always check the validity of your two-wheeler insurance online. However, if you forget, the best ways to check the expiration date are described in the article.
Table of Contents
How can I find online bike insurance information?
Every two-wheeler owner in India is required to carry third-party insurance, which only covers losses or damages to a third party’s property. Contrarily, comprehensive bike insurance offers protection against both third-party liabilities and losses or damages to one’s own vehicle.
All bike insurance policies do, however, have an expiration date, and in order to continue receiving the advantages of the policy, you must renew it on time as a bike owner.
You need to be aware of the policy’s stated expiration date for bike insurance. These three techniques make it simple to examine the information of your bike insurance policy online:
Using the Insurance Information Bureau
- via use of the VAHAN Portal
- via the insurance company
You only need a smartphone or laptop with internet connectivity to bike insurance check online. The ways to retrieve the policy information from all websites are as follows:
On the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) website, you may quickly discover information about the bike insurance policy. Follow the instructions below:
- Visit the Insurance Information Bureau’s website (IIB)
- You may locate the “Quick Links” section on the homepage. Select “V-Seva” from this link’s drop-down menu. You’ll be able to see a form as a result.
- Complete this form’s information requirements.
- Enter the “Captcha” and then press the “Submit” button.
- The specifics of your bike insurance coverage will be displayed to you after you click the “Submit” button.
- Prior to April 1, 2020, this website does not offer any insurance policies.
- Furthermore, by using the same email address and mobile number, you are permitted to examine the facts on this website a total of three times.
You can also follow the two steps listed below to view the insurance details on the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) website:
Visit the IIB website
There, you can fill out a query form, and an executive will call your registered cell phone number to offer assistance.
Using the VAHAN Portal
On its VAHAN website, the Ministry of Road and Transport keeps a record of every motor vehicle insurance policy. By doing the following, you can check the expiration date of your two-wheeler insurance policy on this website and do your bike insurance check online:
- Visit the “VAHAN” e-services website.
- The “Know Your Details” tab can be found on the menu tab.
- Give your two-wheeler information, including your vehicle number and the verification code, on the next page.
- Select “Search Vehicle” from the menu now.
- The specifics of your bike insurance policy will then be revealed to you on your screen, including with the vehicle’s expiration date under the “Insurance Upto” column.
Via the insurance company
The records of the insurance policies that they issue are all kept by the insurance companies. So, by logging into the website of your insurer, you may determine when your bike insurance will expire. There may be differences in the procedures between insurers. However, if you enter your bike’s registration number on the majority of these websites, you may find out when it expires.
Your bike insurance coverage will be cancelled if you don’t renew it before it expires; as a result, you could need to get a new insurance policy. It is advised that you check your Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance expiration date and renew it in a timely manner.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company YouTube Channel.
The topic of the solicitation is insurance. Please carefully read the sales brochure/policy wording before closing a deal for more information on advantages, restrictions, limitations, terms, and conditions.